ERP is usually referred to a category of business management software, typically a suite of integrated applications, that an organization can use to collect, store, manage, and interpret data from these many business activities. ERP systems track business resources like cash, raw materials, production capacity and the status of business commitments orders, purchase orders, and payroll. The applications that make up the system share data across various departments (manufacturing, purchasing, sales, accounting, etc.) that provide the data. ERP facilitates information flow between all business functions and manages connections to outside stakeholders.
Why ERP software ?
- Increases Efficiency.
- Promotes Collaboration.
- Increases Data Security.
- Allows You to Make Accurate Forecasts.
- Increases Operational Flexibility
- It Helps You Comply with Industry Regulations
Types of ERP
- Generalist ERP. These solutions have strong customization and integration to match varying industry requirements.
- Open-Source ERP. Open-source ERP solutions are still a tiny fraction of the total ERP market.
- Vertical ERP. Often, vertical ERP vendors are startups or smaller companies that try to focus on a niche, such as, construction, supermarket distribution or retail fashion.
- Small Business ERP. These are off-the-shelf cloud or on-premise ERP solutions. Often, the ERP is modularized with pared-down features.
Enterprise system software is a multibillion-dollar industry that produces components supporting a variety of business functions. IT investments have become the largest category of capital expenditure in United States-based businesses over the past decade. Though early ERP systems focused on large enterprises, smaller enterprises increasingly use ERP systems. The ERP system integrates varied organizational systems and facilitates error-free transactions and production, thereby enhancing the organization's efficiency. However, developing an ERP system differs from traditional system development. ERP systems run on a variety of computer hardware and network configurations, typically using a database as an information repository.
Let's Get Started 🙂
We are here to help you and answer all your questions. Contact us today to discuss your project. We look forward to hearing from you.Get In Touch